Diversified Forum

Author   Comment  
Etherness

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm replacing an XP computer with a new Windows 7 PC.  When RotemNet starts it successfully scans all (12) houses, then it successfully loads all 12 houses.  While this is happening the PC lights on the Communicator flash regularly.  After the last house is "loaded"  the Main Screen appears with 12 columns, but there is no data in any of the columns.  The PC lights on the communicator go dark and stay dark.  Another thing I've noticed is that the Settings button does not do anything.  Anyway, the software is RotemNet  version 4.24 r02.  The Communicator is only a few months old, a replacement after a lighting strike.  The old Windows XP PC still works using PlatiNet (and presumable an older version of USB driver) with the new controller.  I've tried installing the software and USB driver from both the CD and downloaded, they both appear to be the same version. USB driver version 6.6.1.  All installs were run as administrator, Com settings seem to be correct (If I change them, the initial scan fails), I've tried the older 5.4.2 USB install, I've tried different screen resolutions, manually removing the Rotem config, I'm out of ideas.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
businellec@yahoo.com

Reply with quote  #2 
I have experienced similar problems while installing diff. Versions of rotem programs. I have had the blank columns on main screen or blank columns under 1 or more houses. Even experienced no temp sensors under house columns. It was always some kind of compatibility issue between the controller versions and the rotem net software, It usually is solved by installing a diff version program like(4.20.04) solved same issues for me recently.
RotemTech

Reply with quote  #3 
Private message me if this has not been resolved.  I may have a fix that involves clearing some data in a hidden folder.
Etherness

Reply with quote  #4 
Update:  I never did get this working.  I tried various versions of the Rotem software.  If I remember correctly I only ever found one "new" USB driver and it would not work, Period.  Not even on the old Windows XP machine or two absolutely fresh installs of Windows 7.  I eventually got a call back from somebody at Diversified (I guess) who told me where to find a different version of Rotem and how to clear the folder in AppData.  When that didn't work he told me to reboot every controller at every chicken house, which I couldn't do at the time and honestly just think was busy work to get me off the phone.  We used the old PC until it was struck by lightning last week.  This strike apparently blew the USB port on the Controller.  After another couple of hours I resorted to going back to the Serial port.  Luckily I ordered a Lenovo Desktop model that still has a serial port, don't expect this on a consumer PC in 2018.  

Anyway, once I got it all going the farmer told me that the "chips" in the controllers at each house had never been "upgraded."  I don't know if this is the problem or not.  In 6 months of troubleshooting, we never found anybody that knew much about the what versions worked with what versions.  In fact, the farmer never did get a call back from anybody of consequence who would help. Businellec@yahoo.com was probably right all along, problem is nobody knows what the compatibilities or incompatibilities are. Rotem is great when it works, but beware, if it doesn't you are on your own.
RotemTech

Reply with quote  #5 
I'm sorry to hear about your trouble.  Issues involving PC's made by different manufacturers with different equipment can indeed be tricky to troubleshoot sometimes.  Serial port communication is a very rock solid way of communicating.  It's much less susceptible to surges, drivers, and operating system issues, so good work there! We do troubleshoot issues like this every day though with great success and with a great customer satisfaction rate.  Please don't hesitate to call me directly if you have any further issues.  Also give me a call if you want to further discuss upgrading those chips you mentioned.  Sorry to hear about your experience and frustration.
Anthony Boffice
732-363-2333
Patrick Salvador

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi anthony, i have also a problem with rotemnet when the MUX was broke down we replace it with a new one. Then after replacing it and start searching to rotemnet. Only house 1 out of 13 has shown data. 12 houses doesn't have any data at all. We try to rewire house 2 and 3 to test if the wires have problem but still no data shown on the rotemnet.
DiversifiedAG - TechDept

Administrator
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Patrick, we can help you troubleshoot your problem. How can we contact you directly?
Patrick Salvador

Reply with quote  #8 
viber, whatsapp or email.

Patrick Salvador 
Bounty Maintenance Manager 
prsalvador@bountyfresh.com.ph
mobile no. +639178338163
DiversifiedAG - TechDept

Administrator
Reply with quote  #9 
I will contact you on whatsapp
Patrick Salvador

Reply with quote  #10 
Hi mr.Angel the troubleshooting guide that you gave didn't work.
DiversifiedAG - TechDept

Administrator
Reply with quote  #11 
Hi Patrick. It's important that you use chrome to download the software from Rotem.com. once you download the software, delete the existing software from your computer, clear settings, and reboot computer. Then reinstall software using the version downloaded with chrome. This will be a clean install. I will continue working with you on whatsapp.
Thank you.
clgraham82

Reply with quote  #12 
I started having the same problem.  Rotemnet sees and loads data for three houses but won't load data for the fourth house.  This just started the past month.  
DiversifiedAG - TechDept

Administrator
Reply with quote  #13 
Hello clgraham82 and welcome to the forum.  
There are a lot of troubleshooting steps that need to take place.
Please call our office 732-363-2333 and ask for technical support.
Thanks
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.