Diversified Forum

Author   Comment  
RotemTech

Reply with quote  #1 
Got a good question today from a client about what software I use to connect to a computer remotely. If it's connecting to a computer I own, I am using a program called LogMeIn right now.  It's free for personal use and there are mobile apps also for my iPad.  For support here at work when I have to connect to a clients PC to fix an issue, I generally use another program called Team Viewer.  There are of course many choices for this kind of software.  Let everyone know what you using by posting below! Let us know how it's working for you.
jeffrey856

Reply with quote  #2 
For remote connections using a pc, I use Logmein. It is slow but everybody out there has it installed so its handy enough.

For connections to my own farm from an Apple mobile device, I use Logmein (whatever the free app version is). It is also slow but it works.

For connections to my farm via Android devices, I use Phonemypc. I think it costs 12 bucks or so but it is very fast and works awesome, as long as you set the host pc to never sleep. Logmein for Android costs too much and is way slow by comparison.

DiversifiedImports

Diversified Imports
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks Jeff, I will give Phonemypc a try.
johnclick

Reply with quote  #4 
We use on premise RHUB remote support appliances for remotely accessing computers. We think it’s a better solution as compared to hosted services.
RotemTech

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclick
We use on premise RHUB remote support appliances for remotely accessing computers. We think it’s a better solution as compared to hosted services.

Are there affordable units you can recommend for growers?
Anonymous
Reply with quote  #6 
Chorme desktop
VNC
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.