Diversified Forum

Author   Comment  
searcherman

Reply with quote  #1 
I'm having trouble setting up rotemnet throught the internet. I  was using the dialup and it works fine but I would like to use the internet instead. I would also like to be able to use the new app for android. The setup for the internet wants a ichip SN were can that be found. We have Rotem Platium plus with the COMMUNICATOR. Any help would be helpful thank you!
RotemTech

Reply with quote  #2 
There are two ways to setup the communicator on the Internet.  The first is to purchase an Ethernet card and install it in the communicator itself.  The second and most common way is to hook the Communicator directly to a PC with Internet and then use a program such as Teamviewer, Go To My PC, or Log Me In, to connect remotely to your computer and RotemNet.  So this way you can use a cell phone, iPad, etc to connect to your computer and RotemNet connected to your computer.  Let me know if this helps.
weldon227

Reply with quote  #3 
New to this forum ,   I am assisting a customer with remote access to his system and wanted to better understand using Cellular modems to interface the devices for messaging and a remote access for diagnostics.  I have M2M modems made by Sierra Wireless - GX450 and ES450 that have serial , usb and Ethernet ports that could be connected to the devices :  Both are capable of sending SMS messages or  data across the Verizon Network or most any carrier if network is available.  Has anyone tested any cellular modems connected to Rotem Communicator is a state-of-the-art Alarm and Communication ? I also know it does have a GSM/GPRS device integrated ?  Is there a CDMA option ? Trying to give our customer options for messaging and remote access.
RotemTech

Reply with quote  #4 
Private message me and I will call you first thing next week and discuss some options available to you.
Walter

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotemTech
There are two ways to setup the communicator on the Internet.  The first is to purchase an Ethernet card and install it in the communicator itself.  The second and most common way is to hook the Communicator directly to a PC with Internet and then use a program such as Teamviewer, Go To My PC, or Log Me In, to connect remotely to your computer and RotemNet.  So this way you can use a cell phone, iPad, etc to connect to your computer and RotemNet connected to your computer.  Let me know if this helps.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.