Diversified Forum

Author   Comment  
baxterfarms

Reply with quote  #1 
I have two Communicators; one on each of my farms. I have had multiple issues getting texts from one of the communicators over the past 1 1/2 years. I have replaced the SIM card two times... meaning I am on my third SIM card.
Today, I noticed that the Cellular Modem cards are different. I am getting an ERROR on the HARDWARE PROFILE in the TEST menu.
I am using AT&T SIM cards. Have I got a Cellular Modem card for Verizon at one farm and an AT&T card at the other? What should i do?

This is the one I am having issues with:

IMG_0159.JPG 

This one is working properly:

IMG_0158.JPG

RotemTech

Reply with quote  #2 
No they both look like GSM modems (ATT or T-Mobile).  I'm sending the pics to the Rotem guys for confirmation.  If it's not showing up in the hardware checklist it's possible it's damaged.  Also something to keep in mind is in some areas they are not supporting 2g communication anymore.  A lot of the older modems were 2g.  Here is some info that was posted by Rotem a while back.  I'll let you know when I hear more.

.ATT00001.jpg

baxterfarms

Reply with quote  #3 
Any word from the Rotem guys?
Is there anyway to verify whether or not there is damage through troubleshooting other than buying a new card?
RotemTech

Reply with quote  #4 
Yeah from the Rotem Tech...

If the hardware checklist states Error, then there's an issue with the Card and not the fact its 2G. 

Can you ask him if he did a Cold Start to check maybe it'll re-register his card? 
If that doesn't solve it, he may need a replacement card. 

businellec@yahoo.com

Reply with quote  #5 
I just logged in to check on an old gsm modem that the service provider says will no longer be able to operate after december because it is 2g. I have anouther gsm modem card but wanted to make sure its not 2g as well. My question has already been answered.I can also add that in my area at&t will not be compatible with 2 g gsm after december 31 of this year thanks
RotemTech

Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the follow up.  Much appreciated.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.